Fantasy alongside reality

Bad news never had good timing.

Monday, December 31, 2007

Goodbye 2007

And at the end, you always tend to think about the beginning and reflect upon the things you would/could have done better.

At the very start of 2007, I thought I was in love. I got into love, then I got out of love. And in between, I nurtured my disdain dislike for school, scored lousy grades but still managed to embrace new friendship and continued to strenghthen the bond between treasured old pals. Do I regret anything? No. Would I have done things differently? Certainly. But isn't that life?

I never imagined my 2007 would turn out this way or end this way. Frankly, I would have seen myself still happily in love, the year passing by less quick, (hating school was inevitable ha ha) and perhaps drifting a little from my old friends. I guess sometimes life can turn around and bite you in the ass, but on the other hand it can also deliver to you blessings in disguise, memories to hold on to and lessons to mature and learn from ..such as .........I can hardly hold my liquor ha ha ha.

I've long learnt not to have any expectations for fear of anymore let-downs. So I don't look forward to 2008, but neither can I disregard it's impending arrival. I can only hope it brings happier memories, stronger determination and possessed (possessed! yknw like those mummies i'll haunt you ha ha) discipline for me to stay focused in my studies and ..no more inflation? hahaha

Many a time, certain things/people/situations pass us by til they're long gone and then it's too late to rope them back in when we want to. So my resolution for the new year is to be able to fully appreciate and cherish the small thoughts/gestures/actions and grab hold of them and shove them into my memory bank before they disappear forever.

Off and out to countdown later!

















Have a blissful new years eve and a happy happy new year!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home